Tuesday, 10 May 2016



Hello!
Fáilte go Earthly Home Ireland - Welcome!
I am very much looking forward to sharing our life, our interests and our passions with you and look forward to hearing about yours.
This blog has been taking shape for over a year now inside my head and I'm delighted to finally get it as far as my fingers!

Over many years of learning and unlearning about life, love, nature and all its joys and trials there has been one repeated theme that keeps showing up.
 It is a piece of wisdom passed on to me many years ago and despite having paid it forward many times, I have never actually gotten around to fully embracing it myself!
It's time to truly walk the talk my friends. 
What were those words of wisdom?
Follow Your Bliss.
More simply put; Do What You Love.

There are many fluffy theories around this, including some fallout beliefs from the reign of "The Secret"
Yes, its very , uplifting, definitely positive and in many ways beneficial but.... a tad unrealistic (and for me heavily weighing on monetary gain as the answer to happiness)
Have you read/watched it?
Do! Its worth it but don't take it as gospel.
For me now, "following your bliss" is simply about being true to yourself, being who you are, living your talents, interests and gifts.
Most of us build our lives around our responsibilities and neglect all of this for reasons like obligation, lack of confidence and lack of belief in what doing what we love might bring to us. We slog away at jobs we don't really enjoy, giving up who we are, shadowing our way through our lives until, well, until its over!
We've got some short and precious time here - do we really want to get to the other side of it not having brought at least some of who we are and what we love to the table of life?
Not me.
Being "me" has become a priority in my life and one I hope to role model as well as I can for my children, As a parent, I understand they will do as I do and not as I say!
So here I am setting off again on a the next leg of my journey, following my bliss.
What is my bliss? What do I REALLY love to do, to be?
The answers to this lie right here at Earthly Home Ireland.
It is my intention to simply share what my family and I are living, to connect with  others who enjoy the same things and maybe spark some interest in some who are looking for a simpler, easier and more natural life.
This blog is about home, family, community, nature, art, an easier life and of course love.
Thank you for joining me and whatever you do, make it something you love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment